Tuba is a 2nd class municipality in the province of Benguet. Tuba is situated in the southwestern tip of the Central Cordillera Mountain Range that extends from the northwestern tip of Luzon towards Pangasinan. It is bounded by the municipalities of Sablan and La Trinidad on the north, the city of Baguio and the municipality of Itogon on the east, and the province of Pangasinan on the south, and the province of La Union on the west.
The municipality's urban area comprises the barangays of Poblacion and Camp 3 having a composite land area of 83.85 sq.km.(19.31% of the total land area). It is the 3rd largest municipality of Benguet in terms of land area.
According to the 2000 census, it has a population of 38,366 people in 7,210 households.
Tuba is politically subdivided into 13 barangays.
How to get here:
1. The barangays of Tuba are scattered among the main highways of Naguillan Road, Marcos Highway, and Kennon road, except for Philex Mines wherein you take the road going to PMA, Tadiangan-Nangalisan-San Pascual wherein you pass through the Asin Road, and Ansagan wherein you have to pass through Sison, Pangasinan just to safely get there.
2. If you are in Baguio City and you want to visit the municipal hall of Tuba, take the Marcos highway, now the Aspiras-Palispis Road. About a hundred meters past the Petron Gas Station at the junction of Balacbac-Sto. Tomas-Green Valley, you will find a big signboard that shows which is the road to Manila, and which one leads to Poblacion (swerving to the right).
3. If you want to take a jeepney ride from Baguio City going to Poblacion, the jeepney terminal is located across the Empire cinema near the Abanao square.
1. Man-made tunnels across a mountain where vehicles pass underneath.
2. Hotsprings - located at Nangalisan, Tuba Benguet. Nature's hot water bubbled up from deep underground daily for centuries, bringing health and vitality to the municipality.
3. Caves - It’s opening is located along the riverbank of the Bued River. It is believed to be the former house of the giant “Aran’ whose family was taken hostage and brought out from the cave during the construction of Kennon Road.
4. Waterfalls - The water drops resembling a bride’s veil. According to old folks’ tale, a lady who defied her parents in marrying a man she did not love ran away. In her hurry, the veil was left in the rocks. This is visible along Kennon Road and can be reached through a hanging bridge.
Tuba has 2 pronounced seasons - wet and dry. The dry season starts in November and lasts until April while the wet season lasts from May to October.